The Ministry of Public Admin (MPA) has released a “Draft National Policy on Electronic Business for Trinidad and Tobago” around July 2008 for comment.
According to this document, the aim of the policy is :
To develop a vibrant and sustainable e-Business industry that will contribute to the transformation of Trinidad and Tobago’s economic paradigm towards one that has a significant knowledge base, through:
- Strengthening the Nation’s infrastructure;
- Clarifying market place rules;
- Developing networks;
- Increasing participation;
- Developing the Nation’s human resources; and
- Developing the Nation’s R&D and Innovation Capacity.
The objectives of the draft national policy :
This policy framework intends to identify actions that the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (GoRTT) will need to take in order to create an economic, infrastructural and human resource environment in which e-Business opportunities can thrive. These actions will be taken in collaboration with the private sector, academia, NGO’s and citizens. In this regard, the proposals herein are structured to minimize the direct intervention of Government in taking these proposals forward. This is to encourage increased competitiveness of the ICT sector in Trinidad and Tobago.
The deadline for comments was October 13 2008 and required comments to be submitted online at http://ebusiness.fastforward.tt/business/townhall
The TTCS submitted the comments after having a wiki page to document answers respond to the questions in the draft policy, followed by a F2F meeting on October 11 2008.
View / Download:
- Draft_Consultative_Document_on_a_Proposed_National_e-Business_Policy.pdf (PDF ; 25 pages ; 745K)
- ttcs-comments-on-Draft-National-E-business-policy-of-Trinidad-and-Tobago.pdf (PDF ; 242K)