The TTCS OSSWIN CD v1.98 (a CD of open source software for Windows) is available for download.
Changelog summary :
- Date created : February 3rd, 2009
- File name : ttcs_osswin_cd_v1.98.iso
- File size : 693 MB (726,781,952 bytes)
- MD5 checksum : bd995787bd8c9e2c02494facae7e569d / bd995787 bd8c9e2c 02494fac ae7e569d
- SHA-1 : 4fc17df1 fff099e0 497d9e47 4ce276e4 5162f360
- SHA-256 : bf5d02b0 eb1321f8 e3ef2d9e 6829cc3a 52bf88ab 71672c9c 94441cba f67b4ffa
Changes from v1.97
- updated : OpenOffice.org, Abiword, GanttProject, 7-zip, WinMerge, Wikidpad, Treeline, Tux Typing 2, TuxMath, Maxima, Portable Puzzle Collection, Sokoban YASC, GIMP, Dia, Mozilla Thunderbird, Filezilla, Miranda IM, Hmailserver, VirtualDub, UltraVNC
- corrected : Grisbi download to include the GTK version.
Although the web based interface looks no different from previous versions, the method of updating and generating the web pages interface was rewritten. Now, the TTCS can generate different versions of open source CDs and DVDs, as discussed before.
It hasn’t been announced on the OpenOffice.org website, but the download links for v2.40 are now active.
- OpenOffice.org v2.40 for Windows (US version ; doesn’t include Java Runtime Environment)
- OpenOffice.org v2.40 for Linux (US version ; Linux RPM version)
Other official download links for Linux .deb version and MacOS X should be available soon.
(Update 26-3-2008 : removed the download links for now since someone pointed out the OpenOffice.org PolicyMirrorLinking)
The TTCS OSSWIN CD v1.85 is now available to download from Filefront ; other download mirrors will be updated soon.
- Date created : February 11th, 2008
- File name : ttcs_osswin_cd_v1.85.iso
- File size : 702 MB (736,174,080 bytes)
- MD5 checksum : 72520a6b288dcfbfced5ff99f65220ca / 72520a6b 288dcfbf ced5ff99 f65220ca
- SHA-1 : 48160403 d2b1eead 60e701ec fa0f4e4f 5207a971
- SHA-256 : e4c0c429 ca8937ea b8cfca14 0565e4c1 8f5d6a60 7e301193 7ea60a62 412efba4
Changes from v1.84
- updated Sumatra PDF, WinMerge, ConvertAll, Wikidpad, Celestia, Stellarium, Portable Puzzle Collection, Sokoban YASC, Freeciv, Scorched3D, GIMP, Paint.NET, Mozilla Firefox, Filezilla, Halite, ClamWin Free Antivirus, UltraVNC, TrueCrypt, Keepass
- removed Jools, wxMusik, Rainmeter, DotWidget
In Windows, I often have multiple Explorer windows open as I cut/copy and paste files between multiple locations. Time is wasted Alt-Tabbing to switch to the Windows Explorer session I need and the desktop becomes cluttered. Often I wished that I could group the Windows Explorer sessions in tabs like Mozilla Firefox does for webpages. There are several freeware multi-tab Window Explorer replacements but I never felt comfortable using those as I preferred the familiar interface of Windows Explorer.
WinTabber to the rescue! WinTabber is a tabmanager that can add tab support to almost any window under windows 2000/XP. Meaning you can group several Windows Applications under one window, with each application in its own tab.
Here’s a screenshot showing three Windows Explorer sessions in one window :
You can run multiple instances of WinTabber to create different groups of applications under one window. For example, Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird :
WinTabber is freeware, although donations are welcome. A very useful application.
WinTabber home page : http://www.wintabber.com/
Added to http://del.icio.us/ttcs
Was thinking of pushing out a TTCS OSSWIN CD v1.82 release in time for the weekend, but just saw the Mozilla Firefox Developer News talking of Mozilla Firefox v220.127.116.11 coming out very soon. Release Candidate builds of Mozilla Firefox v18.104.22.168 are available for testing.
As such, TTCS OSSWIN CD v1.82 will be published soon after Mozilla Firefox v22.214.171.124 is released, hopefully early next week.