The Caribbean Telecommunications Union is organising the third Caribbean Internet Governance Forum (CIGF) which will be held on 15th to 17th August 2007 in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles. With the theme of “Building a Regional Internet Governance Framework“, the objectives of the CIGF are :
- To review priority areas and continue the development of Internet governance policy framework appropriate to the Caribbean.
- To review and progress the work and recommendations coming forward from the 2006 CIGF (which was jointly staged with the 4th Caribbean Internet Forum in Grenada in November 2006) and the Ministerial Briefing Seminar on Internet Governance held in Anguilla in April 2007
- To consider the state of and make recommendations for the further development of the physical and logical elements of regional Internet infrastructure and exchange points.
- To discuss the implications of the imminent exhaust of IPv4 address space and commence the development of a transition plan for IPv6 deployment.
- To develop mechanisms for strengthening ccTLD management in the Caribbean
- To identify prioritized actions, primeships and indicative schedules for accelerating development of the information society in the Caribbean.
A representative from the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society (TTCS) will be attending this forum.
Useful CIGF related links :
- CIGF website
- 3rd CIGF meeting schedule and agenda (PDF ; 440K)
- Report on the 2nd Caribbean Internet Governance Forum in November 2006 (DOC ; 136K)
- 2nd Caribbean Internet Governance Forum Agenda and Presentations at the University of the West Indies Master’s degree programme in Telecommunications Regulation and Policy and Policy website
- Draft Outline of Caribbean Internet Governance Framework Document (DOC ; 49K)