The Minister of Finance and the Economy, Honourable Senator Larry Howai presented the 2014 Budget Statement in the Trinidad and Tobago Parliament on September 9 2013.
The 2014 Budget Statement and related documents can be downloaded at http://www.finance.gov.tt/mediaroom.php?mid=232
Over several blog posts, I’ll provide the ICT related aspects of the various 2014 budget documents. This post will focus on the key ICT related aspects of the “Public Sector Investment Programme (Tobago) 2014”
Pages 16-17, under “Strategic Priority – Economic Growth, Job Creation, Competiveness and Innovation”
Information Technology and Infrastructure
46. An allocation of approximately $4.5 million was expended on the improvement of
Information Technology Infrastructure on the island of Tobago. Under the Computerisation of Tobago Programme, $3.8 million was expended on activities including
- continuation of the Establishment of a Management of Information System Unit.
- establishment of an Integrated Financial Management System.
- continuation of the Roll out of Project IHRIS.
- implementation of a THA Wide Area Network and Data Centre
- continuation of the upgrade of the Divisions of the THA.
47. An amount of $0.7 million was utilised on the establishment of an Information and
Communication Technology Unit, and the continuation of the Information Communication
48. The allocation of $1 million was utilised by the Ministry of Tobago Development for the
continuation of improvement of the network, the purchase of new hardware and the acquisition of new software.