We hold two types of meetings : Pizza Limes and Tech Meetings. A Pizza Lime is the name given to our monthly discussion forum which is usually held at Joe’s Pizza, St. Augustine on the second Wednesday of the month. The tech meeting is when we have computers on site to demonstrate a particular type of hardware or software.
Wednesday January 9 2013
- The death of the netbook
- iTunes music store now available in T&T
- Trinidad and Tobago votes to open the door for Government control of the Internet at the World Conference on International Telecommunications (WCIT)
- Sony stops production of PlayStation2
Saturday February 2 2013 – ““Data Breaches, a First-Hand Experience”
At this meeting at ENCO, Mr. Kevin Suares, a Systems Administrator at Central Connecticut State University in the United States discussed his experiences in dealing with two alleged data breaches at the University from technical, procedural and policy viewpoints.
Wednesday March 13
- Data breach : commercial bank credit card records compromised?
- Dominica finally gets an IXP; still none for TT?
- TT infrastructure: susceptibility to intrusion and compromise? (general topic)
- Facebook changes again.
- Gaming: Sims #epicfail – failed online authentication.
- Exchequers bill in Parliament
Saturday March 23 2013 – Raspberry Pi
Held in collaboration with the University of the West Indies, St Augustine (UWI) Faculty of Engineering from 2-4pm, Anil Ramnanan demonstrated the Raspberry Pi , a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard.
Wednesday, 22nd May 2013
Columbus Networks, Cable & Wireless enter strategic alliance, will form joint venture company to sell bandwidth to companies in Caribbean and Americas region
Telecom Authority of #Trinidad and #Tobago posts draft policy for (and proposed amendments to) the Telecommunications Act
Startup Weekend Trinidad and Tobago (May 22-24, 2013)
Adobe focuses on Creative Cloud service, a subscription service to access their software and discontinues the sale of standalone versions of its software
Monday August 12 2013
Online meeting to discuss future TTCS activities
Saturday August 24 2013 – Google Chromecast and Google Chromebook Pixel laptop
At this meeting, Tracy Hackshaw demonstrated the Google Chromecast, billed as the easiest way to enjoy online video and music on your TV and the Google Chromebook Pixel , Google’s high-end laptop running Chrome OS.
Wednesday October 9 2013
- ICT and the 2014 Budget
- Apple’s new hardware changes (new iPhones, iMacs)
- The Age of Steam: Valve gaming innovations (Steambox, SteamOS, Steampad)
- Bye Bye Bye: Microsoft after Steve Ballmer
- Zero Day: The Abuse of Unpatched IE Holes
- Sour Berries: The Sale of Blackberry
- upcoming AGM
Saturday October 26 2013 – flying Quadricopter demo
Held at the Queen’s Park Savannah, we (thanks to Anil) demoed the Parrot AR 2.0, a wi-fi enabled, Linux-powered flying Quadricopter and flew the Quadricopter using a phone and tablet.
Saturday December 14 2013 – discussion about Free and Open Source
Held at the Asian Buffet Restaurant, Trincity Mall, we chatted Ace Suares, a Free and Open Source Advocate from Curaçao and who was travelling en route from giving workshops on open source at the University of Georgetown. We had the XO laptop and XO Tablet on hand.
Wednesday December 18 2013
End of year lime.