(Update August 16 2018 – TATT has extended the deadline for comments to Friday 24th August, 2018. Do comment on the TTCS draft comments on TATT’s discussion paper on Android Boxes in Trinidad and Tobago.
The Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (TATT) has released the discussion paper “Discussion Paper on Android Boxes in Trinidad and Tobago” (PDF ; 666K ; 22 pages) on June 25 2018.
The objectives of this Dicussion Paper are to:
1. Introduce the concept of Android boxes, and their nature and prevalence within the Trinidad and Tobago market.
2. Assess the impact of Android boxes in Trinidad and Tobago from the service provider’s perspective.
3. Assess the impact of Android boxes in Trinidad and Tobago from the consumer’s perspective.
4. Present other countries’ approaches to the issue, especially with respect to its legality.
5. Identify the legislative remit of the Authority in addressing any issues related to Android boxes.
6. Present possible solutions and recommendations that may be undertaken by the Authority.
The TATT website notes that “Interested persons are asked to submit comments on this document in accordance with the Authority’s Public Consultation Comment Submission Form on or before Friday 10th August, 2018.”
View / Download Discussion Paper on Android Boxes in Trinidad and Tobago” (PDF ; 666K ; 22 pages).
(Update : 26 June 2018 – a TTCS Google doc to collect comments to comment on this discussion has been started. You do not need a Google account to comment on the document)