Lots of announcements from Apple’s March 9 “Spring Forward” event.
You can watch the full keynote of Apple’s March 9 “Spring Forward” on Apple’s site or if you don’t have time to watch the entire video, check out AppleInsider’s 2 min report:
Here are several links for more details that Apple mentioned
Available April 24, 2015, the Apple Watch is available in two case sizes : 38mm and 42mm. However, the Apple watch comes in three style collections:
- Apple Watch – 20 models with stainless steel or space black steel cases with the display protected by sapphire crystal.
- Apple Watch Sport – 10 models with aluminum cases in silver or space grey with the display protected by strengthened Ion-X glass
- Apple Watch Edition – 8 models in 18-karat gold cases in yellow or rose colours with the display protected by sapphire crystal
Apple’s new MacBook is a thin (13.1mm thin) and light (2lb) notebook with a 12″ Retina display, 8GB RAM and integrated Intel Graphics 5300, new Force Touch trackpad and new keyboard and a single USB-C port for charging, video out and data transfer. The Macbook is available in gold, space grey and silver colours.
There are two models
- 256GB flash storage and 1.1Ghz Intel Core M CPU for $1,299 US
- 512GB flash storage and 1.2 Ghz Intel Core M CPU for $1,599 US
ResearchKit is an open source framework that makes it easy for developers and researchers to create apps to gather more frequently and more accurately from participants using iOS devices.
Apple’s ResearchKit page has more details including how several medical institutions are using ResearchKit already.
Updated Macbook Pro and Macbook Airs
The 13″ MacBook Pro and the 11″ and 13″ MacBook Air also were upgraded.
Apple’s Compare Notebook models page is also useful.
iOS 8.2 released
iOS 8.2 was released to support the Apple Watch and for any device that runs iOS 8. The update also has various bug fixes and security updates.
FYI, Today (March 10), Apple also posted a security update 2014-002 for Mac OS X “Mountain Lion” 10.8.5 to “Yosemite” 10.10.2
You will be available to subscribe to HBO NOW and watch HBO content from your Apple device for $14.99 US a month on demand. See Apple’s press release for details.