The 13th annual Caribbean Internet Governance Forum (CIGF) is starting today in the British Virgin Islands from Monday August 21 2017 to – Wednesday August 23 2017 from 8am to 5pm.
Read the updated #CIGF2017 agenda at http://www.ctu.int/wp-content/uploads/2017/Events/August/13th_CIGF/13th-CIGF-Provisional-Agenda-2017-08-20.pdf (times listed are the same in Trinidad and Tobago).
Some of the topics discussed at #CIGF2017 include
- net neutrality / Over the Top Services (OTT),
- community networks
- updates from various national Internet Governance Forums (IGF) held in Trinidad and Tobago, Barbados, Belize, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- updates from IGF and LACIGF
- advancing Internet Governance (IG) in the Caribbean
So, how to participate? You can participate in #CIGF2017 :
- via the local hub that the Internet Society Trinidad and Tobago Chapter (ISOC-TT) is having at the Design Office 1, Max Richards Building, Dept of Electrical & Computer Engineering, UWI St. Augustine from 9:30 am to 3:30pm (email exe[email protected] or phone 782-9995 or 394-9258 for details)
- via the livestream at https://livestream.com/internetsociety2/cigf2017/