The UWI Faculty of Science and Technology (FST) is hosting its Science and Technology Week (https://www.fstweek2019.com/) from May 20 to 24 2019 at the Teaching and Learning Complex, UWI, St Augustine Campus.
Science and Technology Week will highlight on-going research in Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) at the Faculty and its contributions to the community. This year’s theme ‘SCIENCE IN COMMUNITIES’ showcases the collaboration amongst departments, the UWI, industry and communities and complements the Faculty’s drive of supporting partnerships, not only in Trinidad and Tobago, but also regionally and internationally.
The Science in Communities theme will explore work done at the FST and its contributions in the following key areas:
- Climate Change, Disaster Preparedness and Management, Environmental and Earth Sciences
- Data Application, , Information Technology Management & Security
- Energy, Fuels, Green Tech, Renewables
- Health, Safety, Medicine & Medical Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Wellness
Activities in this week will consist of:
- Research Symposium (Oral, Poster and Video Presentations)
- Outreach & Career Day
- Open Days (Booth Displays & Exposition)
See https://www.fstweek2019.com/schedule for full details of the speakers and presentations for each day.
Attendance to the 5 day event is free but registration is recommended at FST’s Science and Technology Week website at https://www.fstweek2019.com/ .
The Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society will be having a booth at Science and Technology Week. So, we need volunteers at the Booth! There are morning and afternoon slots for the 5 days.
Please fill out the TTCS booth signup sheet and let us know when you can be at the booth.